We cater for the legal needs of publishers (of books, magazines, and databases), writers and all others involved in the publishing industry and regularly advise on a wide range of legal and strategic issues including:
- Copyright protection and enforcement
- Copyright registration and licensing
- Copyright clearance
- Libel and defamation
- Employment and works for hire
- Privacy and image rights
- Commercial agreements and contracts
- We can advise on and draft contracts with authors, publishers, translators, packagers, literary agents, freelance journalists, photographers and illustrators.
Other matters we may be called upon to help with include:
- Collecting societies
- Title protection and trademark rights
- Law relating to publishing, press staff and freelancers
- Electronic publishing
- Privacy and data protection
- Acquisition and licensing of content
- Brand issues
- Infringements and litigation.
As well as dealing with all aspects of copyright, we advise on trademark and domain name registration strategies, and electronic publishing.
If you need legal work please call us on +44 (0)20 7700 1414 or if you prefer send us an enquiry using the form below. Depending on your requirements we may suggest a free meeting. This is often the best way to assess whether we would be the right firm for you, and to understand the work involved, your priorities, attitude to risk, and desired timescales.